Cody Johnson will release ‘Til You Can’t’ to country radio on October 18th. The song is the debut single from his upcoming sophomore major-label release, Human: The Double Album, available on October 8th to stream and purchase on all digital music platforms. Copies are also available now for pre-order on Johnson’s website. To date, Johnson has released nine of the album’s 18 songs in advance of the release.
Said Johnson: “I chose to record ‘Til You Can’t’ first because of the positivity in the message of the song. In our world today, we could use more positivity. Secondly because of how dynamic the melody was; I took it and ran with it. I hope y’all enjoy!” You can take a listen to ‘Til You Can’t’ – here.
In addition, Johnson’s feature-length documentary, Dear Rodeo: The Cody Johnson Story, can now be rented or purchased exclusively via the Apple TV app through October 8th in the US and Canada.
Carly Pearce’s upcoming album ‘29: Written In Stone’ is set for release today, Friday, September 17. Pearce has now released “Never Wanted To Be That Girl,” a duet with Ashley McBryde, which you can take a listen to – here.
Pearce said of the song via Instagram, “This is the story of how a bad man happened to two good women.” She wrote in another Instagram post: “My truth in 15 songs. All written in stone. I can’t wait to share them with you this Friday ”
In a press release, McBryde and Pearce discussed the song’s writing process: Pearce said, “Ashley is such a great drop-into-the-moment writer, she was able to bring that reality bomb truth to what we were doing. She’s fearless, and she understands human nature in a way that let us both really write to the hurt of realizing we’ve been lied to by someone we’re intimate with.” McBryde added, “Carly isn’t afraid to face the less potable subjects,” As a writer she’s willing to get in there and get very honest. Writing this song together with Shane strengthened our friendship and taught us more about one another and ourselves. Seriously, nobody wants to be the other woman. And when you find you are…damn. It’s such a gut punch.”
Jeopardy! confirmed on its official Twitter account Thursday that actress Mayim Bialik, 45, and former champion Ken Jennings, 47, will fill in as hosts following Mike Richards’ exit for the remainder of 2021. The Twitter post read: “Not sure if you’ve heard but @missmayim and @kenjennings are hosting me until the end of the year. Everyone on the staff is supralunar.”
Sony Pictures Television said Bialik will host new episodes through Nov. 5, after which she and Jennings will “split hosting duties as their schedules allow.” Bialik was originally announced in August to host new Jeopardy! primetime specials and a potential spinoff series, and was later confirmed to guest host the regular game show in the wake of Richards’ departure. Jennings is a former Jeopardy! contestant who holds the record for the longest winning streak on the show and the highest winnings in regular season play. He previously guest hosted Jeopardy! following longtime host Alex Trebek’s death in November 2020.
Richards stepped down as the new permanent host of Jeopardy! in August following controversy over his past remarks. He later also exited the show as an executive producer.
WarnerMedia announced that Helen Mirren will host ‘Harry Potter: Hogwarts Tournament of Houses,’ a four-part competition series based on the J.K. Rowling books and movies which will premiere on Cartoon Network and TBS.
Mirren said she was happy to finally join the franchise, sharing in a statement: “I knew someday I’d get a Harry Potter role, and I’m so pleased to take part in the 20-year film celebration. The films inspired such enchantment and wonder for so many of us, and it will be such a treat to reignite that magic for the countless fans who continue to revel in this spellbinding world.”
WarnerMedia did not release details of the competition as of press time. 2021 marks the 20th anniversary of the first film adaptation, ‘Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone.’ The seven books eventually became eight movies, with Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows split into a two part finale.
On Wednesday, police in Florida named the boyfriend of a missing woman as a ‘person of interest’ in her disappearance during a road trip taken by the couple. The North Port Police Department said Brian Laundrie, the boyfriend of the missing woman Gabrielle “Gabby” Petito, returned to North Port, FL on Sept. 1 — 10 days before was reported missing by her family. North Port police Chief Todd Garrison said that Laundrie “has not made himself available to be interviewed or has provided any helpful details. We are pleading with anyone, including Brian, to share information with us on her whereabouts in the past few weeks. The lack of information from Brian is hindering this investigation. The answers will eventually come out. We will help find Gabby and we will help find anyone who may be involved in her disappearance.” Petito is described as a white female, approximately 5 feet, 5 inches tall and 110 pounds, with blonde hair, blue eyes and several tattoos including one on her finger and another on her forearm that reads “Let it be.”
Petitio, 22, and Laundrie, 23, traveled from Florida to New York before they were set to visit national parks out west in July. Petito’s family said they last heard from her on Aug. 25 when she was believed to have been in Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming. Gabby had consistently documented the trip on social media, including her YouTube channel “NomadicStatik” but her last Instagram post was also on Aug. 25. On Wednesday, police said Petito’s van, which the couple had been traveling in, was recovered at a home she shared with Laundrie and his parents on Sept. 11 and was “fully processed for evidence along with FBI agents Tuesday evening.”
Laundrie’s attorney, Steve Bertolino, released a statement on Wednesday saying: “It is our understanding that a search has been organized for Miss Petitio in or near Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming. On behalf of the Laundrie family, it is our hope that the search for Miss Petito is successful and that Miss Petito is reunited with her family. On the advice of counsel, the Laundrie family is remaining in the background at this juncture and will have no further comment.”
U.S. Olympic gymnasts Simone Biles, McKayla Maroney, Maggie Nichols and Aly Raisman testified before Congress Wednesday about what they say were failures in FBI’s handling of the sexual abuse case against Larry Nassar, a former USA Gymnastics team doctor who was sentenced in 2018 to up to 175 years in prison are pleading guilty to sexually assaulting hundreds of girls and women. The hearing was held as the Senate Judiciary Committee is investigating the FBI’s handling of the case.
Biles said during her testimony: “We have been failed, and we deserve answers. Nassar is where he belongs, but those who enabled him deserve to be held accountable. If they are not, I am convinced that this will continue to happen to others across Olympic sports.” Raisman cited failings of USA Gymnastics and the United States Olympic & Paralympic Committee, saying: “It took over 14 months for the FBI to contact me despite my many requests to be interviewed by them,” she said. “I felt pressure by the FBI to consent to Nasser’s plea deal. The agent diminished the significance of my abuse and made me feel my criminal case wasn’t worth pursuing.”
Maroney accused the FBI of delaying documenting her claims against Nassar and of making false claims, saying to the senators: “Today, I ask you all to hear my voice. I ask you please do all that is in your power to ensure that these individuals are held responsible and accountable for ignoring my initial report, for lying about my initial report and for covering up for a child molester.” Nichols added, “I reported my abuse to USA Gymnastics over six years ago and still my family and I received even few answers and had even more questions why this allowed to occur and why dozens of other little girls and women at Michigan State had to be abused after I reported. In sacrificing my childhood for the chance to compete for the United States, I am haunted by the fact even after I reported my abuse so many women and girls had to suffer at the hands of Larry Nassar.”
A Justice Department inspector general report released in July found the FBI made “fundamental errors” in its response to allegations against Nassar that were first brought to the agency in July 2015.
Simone Biles, Aly Raisman and more top U.S. women gymnasts were among those to provide testimony Wednesday at the Senate Judiciary Committee’s hearing on sexual abuse allegations against former USA Gymnastics doctor Larry Nassar. Biles was joined by McKayla Maroney, Maggie Nichols and Aly Raisman in Washington, D.C., just four of the gymnasts among hundreds of other women who said they were sexually abused by Nassar, who worked as a doctor for USA Gymnastics from 1978 to 2016. Nassar is currently serving a life sentence in prison after being convicted on sexual assault and child pornography charges.
Wednesday’s hearing serves to investigate the FBI’s mishandling of sexual abuse allegations against Nassar. A July report from the Department of Justice concluded the FBI showed “extremely poor judgement” in the handling of 2015 allegations against Nassar, noting that FBI agents in Indianapolis made “materially false statements,” during interviews with federal officials. The false statements were reportedly made in an effort to “minimize errors made by the Indianapolis Field Office.”
During Wednesday’s testimony, Biles criticized both USA Gymnastics and the U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Committee: “To be clear, I blame Larry Nassar and I also blame an entire system that enabled and perpetrated his abuse. The scars of this horrific abuse continue. The impact of this man’s abuse will never be over. We have been failed and we deserve answers. It really feels like the FBI turned a blind eye to us.”
Cleveland Browns head coach Kevin Stefanski told reporters Wednesday that Odell Beckham Jr. will miss the team’s Week 2 matchup vs. the Houston Texans as he continues to rehabilitate his knee. Beckham also missed the team’s Week 1 loss to the Kansas City Chiefs.
Beckham has struggled with injuries since the start of the 2017 season, missing a total of 25 games because of injuries from 2017-20, including Cleveland’s final nine games last season because of a torn ACL. Beckham’s injury woes have hindered his ability to make a significant impact recently, but the three-time Pro Bowler had 154 yards from scrimmage and three total touchdowns in Cleveland’s 49-38 win over the Dallas Cowboys in Week 4 last year.
Reba McEntire and her boyfriend Rex Linn were among seven people rescued by firefighters from a historic site in Oklahoma on Tuesday. TMZ reported that crumbling stairs left the couple stranded on the building’s second floor, and that the building’s “dilapidated stairs” were already set to be replaced before the incident.
Local news anchor Lisanne Anderson shared footage on Twitter, writing on social media: “Close call for Reba in Atoka, Oklahoma Tuesday (9/14/21). Sure glad she and boyfriend Rex Linn are ok! While touring an old building, a staircase collapsed. They were among seven people inside. Atoka’s finest came to the rescue. No one hurt, just some bumps and bruises.”
On Wednesday, McEntire posted on Facebook : “While my team and I were in Atoka, OK yesterday checking out an old historical building, a staircase collapsed. Thankfully, no one was seriously injured. We were safely evacuated from the building thanks to the quick response from the Atoka fire and police departments.”
Jason Isbell and his band The 400 Unit will release a covers album titled ‘Georgia Blue,’ a 13-track album that includes covers of Georgia natives R.E.M., Cat Power, Otis Redding, The Allman Brothers Band, Vic Chesnutt, James Brown, Gladys Knight & The Pips, The Black Crowes, Indio Girls, and more. Isbell and the 400 Unit are also joined on Georgia Blue by a number of guest collaborators, including Isbell’s wife Amanda Shires, Brandi Carlile, Julien Baker, Béla Fleck, Brittney Spencer, and Adia Victoria. In anticipation of Georgia Blue’s release, Isbell and the 400 Unit have shared their version of R.E.M.’s “Driver 8” featuring John Paul White. Take a listen here.
Isbell says in a statement: “Georgia Blue is a labor of love. On election day 2020, when I saw that there was a good chance the state of Georgia might go blue, I came up with an idea: to record an album of Georgia-related songs as a thank you to the state and donate the money to a Georgia-based non-profit organization.” Proceeds from the album will specifically benefit three non-profit organizations: Black Voters Matter, Fair Fight, and Georgia STAND-UP.
To pre-order Georgia Bluehead here. Isbell and the 400 Unit are also currently out on tour in support of their latest album, Reunions; tickets are available for purchase at the link here.